The weather hasn’t been particularly kind to us over recent months, being so cold with plenty of snow that still hasn’t quite gone even though it’s almost Easter! So what is there to do on a cold wintery day to keep a toddler entertained? There’s only so much TV you can watch; the key is to be inventive. Here are our favourite things to do when snowbound!
1. Get outside and in the time honoured tradition, build a snowman. Ours has carrot top eyes, and arms carved into the sides as we didn’t have twigs, and also comes complete with a little snowdog!
2. Make footprints in the snow and compare your feet sizes.
3. Make snowballs and roll them down your toddler slide – Toddler invented this game and loved it. Closely followed by him sliding down headfirst into the snow…
4. Go sledging. Probably best not to go sledging down hills with a toddler on board; instead, get toddler onto the sledge and pull him around the garden, or make a trip to the local shops to get out and about. Shame we didn’t have any reindeer or a pack of husky dogs to pull our sledge, Mummy-power had to do!
5. If it’s too cold outside, then do something inside – how about a teddy bears picnic complete with home-baked cake? (Thanks to Mr N for the yummy Victoria sandwich cake).
- Snowy Southern Easter Egg Hunt. (loveandkate.com)
- Making the most of a snowy weekend (helvetiahandmade.wordpress.com)